Nordstrom has a great selection of clothes and accessories, and their prices are usually pretty reasonable. But what happens if you find a better deal on something elsewhere? Does Nordstrom price match?
Yes, Nordstrom does offer price matching. If you find a lower price on an item within 14 days of purchase, just bring in your original receipt and they’ll refund you the difference. Nordstrom also offers a Price Adjustment Policy if you find a lower price on an item at the time of your purchase.
Furthermore, if you have found the exact item for a lower price from a competitor or the item has been marked down at Nordstorm within 14 days, you can receive a one-time price adjustment to match the new lower price.
How to Get a Price Match at the Nordstrom Store
In order to request a price match, you will need to call Nordstrom’s customer service number, 1-888-282-6060. You can also request a price adjustment online through the Nordstrom website.
On the website, you’ll need to:
- Enter the provided order number that can be found on your order confirmation email or packing slip. Indicate which items you would like to have a price adjustment for and the reason for the request.
- Enter your zip code in the following form box
- Make sure to make your request within 14 days of purchasing the item.
- Make sure your request is eligible and have the link to the lower price from the other manufacturer handy.
Afterward, simply submit the form and wait for a Nordstrom customer service representative to get back to you.
Does Nordstrom Store Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes, there is a specific policy for Nordstrom price adjustments, and it’s important to pay close attention to the policy to make sure you don’t waste time filing for an adjustment on an ineligible item.
It’s important to note that Nordstrom will only price match items that are currently in stock and available for purchase at the competitor’s store (or on their website).
The item must also be identical, meaning it has to be the same size, color, style, etc.
Here are additional price adjustment criteria according to the Nordstrom Pricing Policy:
- It has to be the same color and size.
- It must be in stock at both Nordstrom and a competitor.
- Order-level discounts, gift card promotions, and shipping offers aren’t matched.
- Nordstrom won’t match or adjust prices for items from outlets, flash sales, auctions, clubs, regional and non-U.S. retailers, or third-party marketplace sellers.
- Items included in Limited-Time Sales, Extra Savings, Anniversary Sales, Daily Deals, and Beauty Daily Deals promotions aren’t subject to price adjustments.
- Price matching and price adjustment requests generated by third parties aren’t handled by Nordstrom.
- Each item will only get one price adjustment.
- Price adjustments don’t apply to designer goods purchased on sale.
- You must bring a current advertisement or a link to the competitor’s website if you want a price match or adjustment in one of our stores.
- The price adjustment will be credited back to the original payment method.
If you’re unsure whether or not your purchase is eligible for a price adjustment, it’s always best to call Nordstrom customer service or chat online with a representative to save yourself time and hassle.
Other Ways to Save At the Nordstrom Store
Here are some ways that you can get even more savings when you shop at Nordstrom:
1. Join the Nordstrom Rewards Program
Nordstrom offers a free loyalty program known as The Nordy Club that allows you to earn points on every purchase which can be redeemed for future purchases.
Every 2,000 points you earn can be used for a $20 credit for use in the store. You’ll also get early access to sales and other exclusive member-only benefits.
2. Apply For a Nordstrom Credit Card
You can apply for a Nordstrom credit card which will give you even more rewards and exclusive benefits.
Nordstrom credit cardholders get early access to sales, 2 points for every dollar spent, a $40 bonus after their first purchase, and other perks.
The best part is that there is no annual fee, so you can keep it open for free indefinitely. Just remember to be smart when it comes to using your credit card and pay it off in full every month!
3. Wait Until a Triple Point Event
If you want to rack up Nordstrom points quickly, it’s best to wait until a Triple Point Event. During these events, you’ll earn triple the amount of Nordstrom points on every purchase made with your Nordstrom credit card.
These events usually happen several times per year, so keep an eye out for them.
4. Keep an Eye Out For Anniversary Sales
It’s well known that Nordstrom offers big sales during their Anniversary sale, and you can also get great deals when you shop at the half-yearly sales.
Keep an eye out for these sales by signing up for Nordstrom’s newsletter and marking them on your calendar so you don’t miss out.
5. Purchase Discounted Nordstrom Gift Cards
If you want to save even more money, purchase discounted Nordstrom gift cards from a site like Raise.com. You can get anywhere from 0.50% to 15% off your total purchase price this way.
Just make sure to check the terms and conditions of the gift card before making your purchase.
6. Shop at Nordstrom Rack Stores
Nordstrom Rack is a chain of off-price stores owned by Nordstrom that sells discounted clothing, shoes, and accessories.
You can find great deals on designer brands at these stores, so it’s definitely worth checking them out if you’re looking to save money.
7. Take Advantage of Promo Codes
It’s very rare to find a Nordstrom coupon that you can use inside of the store. However, they do offer promotional codes from time to time that can be used online.
These codes can give you anything from free shipping to a percentage off your total purchase price, so it can help you to save a little extra money in a variety of ways.
The Bottom Line
Nordstrom can cost more than many other stores, but there are ways that you can save money when you shop there.
The fairly generous price match policy helps to protect you if you find a lower price elsewhere, and the Nordy Club loyalty program can give you access to exclusive sales and other benefits.
You can also save money by shopping at Nordstrom Rack stores or taking advantage of promotional codes when they’re available. With a little bit of effort, you can easily save money on your next Nordstrom purchase.
So next time you’re debating whether or not to buy something from Nordstrom, remember that you have options to help you save money.
By following the tips above, you can be sure that you’re getting the best deal possible on your next purchase. Happy shopping!