Micro Center is a popular and trusted technology retailer that specializes in providing customers with the best prices on computer and electronics products.
You can find fantastic deals and secure payment and shipping options at Micro Center. But do they offer a price-match policy?
Yes, Micro Center does offer a Price Match Guarantee. The company promises to match or beat the prices of almost all major retailers and manufacturer websites – so you can shop with confidence knowing that you can leverage the best deal possible.
Generally speaking, when it comes to price-matching, Micro Center is more apt to honor lower prices from big box stores or well-known retailers than smaller independently owned businesses.
How to Get a Price Match at Micro Center
Here’s how the process works for getting an item price matched at a Micro Center store, according to the company’s official policy:
- Start by checking the price of the item you want to purchase at Micro Center and take note of the price.
- Find a lower price online and/or in a physical store
- Check to make sure that the item is the same model number and/or UPC number as the one you saw at Micro Center. If the product is different, then it does not qualify for price matching.
- If the item is in stock at a competitor’s brick-and-mortar store, you need to confirm that it is available at the closest retail store to your Micro Center.
- Ensure that the competitor has the item in stock before proceeding. The competitor must have the item ready for pickup, or it must be available for shipping. If the competitor offers shipping, the item must be sold and shipped by the competitor directly and not via a third-party listing.
- Bring proof of the competitor’s lower price to Micro Center. This could be a print ad, a screenshot of a website, or any other written proof of the competitor’s lower price. The price must be current and valid.
- Once you visit Micro Center, present the documentation of the competitor’s lower price to the customer representative at the checkout. They will verify the price and eligibility for price match.
- If the item meets all matching criteria, Micro Center will honor the lower price, and you can get the item at the matched price.
If you have any additional questions or want to request a price match for an item you’ve found in their online store, you can contact Micro Center’s customer service team at 1-833-712-1438.
What Items Can’t Be Price Matched At Micro Center?
Price matching cannot be applied to the following products:
- Products that have been refurbished
- Resold or pre-owned items
- Items on clearance
- Any remanufactured products
- Items that are off-lease
- Open-box items
- Instant rebates or mail-in offers
- Bundle deals, specials, or coupons from competitors
- Black Friday, Prime Day, and Cyber Monday offers
- Items that are out-of-stock
Does Micro Center Have a Price Adjustment Policy?
Yes, Micro Center has a price adjustment policy that’s known as the price protection policy.
If the price of any Micro Center item drops within a 30-day period after you’ve made your purchase, you can bring the item into the store to have the price adjusted.
If you need help with an online order, Micro Center suggests contacting their chat services by providing your purchase details.
To do this, just head to the Support Page and click on the Chatbox located at the bottom right corner of the page.
Does Amazon Price Match With Micro Center?
Micro Center will price match Amazon if the item is shipped and sold directly by Amazon.com and not by any of their third-party sellers.
Micro Center’s price matching policy states that the competitor must have the item in stock, and if the item is available for shipping, it must be sold and shipped by the competitor directly and not via a third-party listing.
If you find the exact same item on Amazon sold and shipped by Amazon.com, you can show proof of the lower price to Micro Center at the time of purchase.
This can be done with any valid written proof such as a printed ad or screenshot of the lower-priced item on the Amazon website.
If the item meets all the qualifying criteria for price matching, Micro Center will honor the lower price for the item.
Does Best Buy Match Prices With Micro Center?
Best Buy will price-match local competitors within a 25-mile radius for immediately available products.
So, if your Micro Center is local to your Best Buy and the product you want is available, then you should be able to price-match that product with Best Buy, subject to some exceptions.
While Best Buy offers a price matching policy, there are some exceptions to this policy that you should be aware of:
- Best Buy will not price-match products that are shipped or sold by third-party sellers. Products sold at member loyalty prices or other price points exclusive to certain groups are excluded
- Special offers, such as liquidation sales, Black Friday deals, and promotions that include a free gift or subscription service, are also excluded
- Pricing errors, bundle offers, credit card offers, coupon offers, and other discounts are also not eligible for price matching
You’ll also need to make sure that the item is an exact color, size, and model match in order to receive the price match.
Other Ways to Save at Micro Center
Price matching is a great way to save money at Micro Center, but there are other ways you can take down the cost of your purchase:
1. Sign Up For the Micro Center Insider Credit Card
A great way to get discounts, especially for regular shoppers, is to sign up for the Micro Center Insider Credit Card.
You’ll get 5% off of purchases made with the card plus access to exclusive offers and discounts.
If you have credit approval, you can use your Micro Center Insider credit card to receive six or more months of special financing when making a purchase of $240 or more.
This is helpful if you need to make a large purchase and don’t have the funds available upfront.
2. Buy Refurbished Items
Micro Center offers refurbished products that are tested and certified good as new, giving you the same quality of product at a lower price.
It’s also a good way to help keep tech from ending up in landfills, which can be beneficial for the environment.
3. Use In-Store Pick Up to Save Time and Money
If you’re in a hurry and don’t want to wait for your purchase to ship, you can save money by selecting the In-Store Pick-Up option during checkout.
With this option, you’ll get free shipping on all orders with no minimum purchase required. Plus, you’ll be able to pick up your order quickly.
4. Join the Micro Center Email List
Another way to save money is by signing up for the Micro Center email list.
You’ll get exclusive offers and discounts, as well as early access to sales and new products.
5. Shop During Holidays for Major Sales
Keep an eye out for major sales during holidays like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Memorial Day.
You often find special offers and discounts on these holiday weekends, so it’s a great time to stock up on tech items.
You’ll likely receive email updates if you’re subscribed to their email list. This can help you to prepare and budget for the sales.
The Bottom Line: Does Micro Center Price Match?
To sum up, customers can take advantage of Micro Center’s price-matching policy for qualifying items.
It’s important to keep in mind that the competitor must have the same model number and/or UPC number, have the item in stock, and not be a third-party seller for shipping.
Make sure to also take advantage of other ways to save at Micro Center, such as joining the email list and buying refurbished items.
With a combination of price matching and other offers, you can easily find the tech items you need at a great price.