Amerisource Bergen is a big drug wholesale company. This pharmaceutical company makes over $100 billion a year. This company is a Fortune 100 company. They are hiring work from home patient access specialists in many states!
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an accommodation.
Shift Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST, 10 am -7 pm twice a month
Location: Remote, USA
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides advanced services to patients, providers and caregivers. Services could include but not limited to:
- Billing and coding support.
- Claims assistance, tracking and submission.
- Prior authorization assistance and tracking.
- Coordination of benefits.
- Benefit verification result call. Welcome calls.
- Advanced alternate coverage research.
- Intakes and reports adverse events as directed.
· Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers; resolves any customer requests in a timely and accurate manner; escalates complaints accordingly.
· Establishes themselves as regional experts regarding payer trends and reports any reimbursement trends/delays to management team (e.g. billing denials, claim denials, pricing errors, payments, etc.).
· Processes any necessary correspondence.
· Coordinates with internal and external service providers to ensure services are performed in accordance with program policy and within expected service level agreements (SLA’s).
· Maintains confidentiality in regards to all patient sensitive information.
· Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined standard operating procedures to determine appropriate action.
· Required to be self-motivated, working from a queue (phone or system). Expected to perform work in accordance with defined standard operating procedures. Management will monitor queues and provide active feedback as required.
· Performs related duties as assigned, which could include well defined services generally performed by other program representatives (e.g. benefit verifications, Patient Assistance Program determinations).
· Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience in customer service, medical billing and coding, benefits verification, healthcare, business administration or similar vocations.
· A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Advanced customer service experience.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships.
· Advanced interpersonal skills.
· Basic analytical skills.
· Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
· General knowledge of the healthcare industry is preferred.
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
$40,600 – 57,970
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
We are participants in the Amazon Associates program and other affiliate programs. There are referral links on this page, and I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through my link. Thank you.