American Express is hiring work from home in some states!
American Express is a financial services company. This is a huge Fortune 500 company. They make over $43 billion a year! This company is hiring virtual customer care professionals in many states!
Work Location Options:
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
Role & Responsibilities:
Your duties may include but are not limited to:
- Deliver world-class customer service, by explaining our related benefits and responding to customer inquiries and concerns over the phone
- Document necessary information, such as claim details, customer’s change of details, and other pertinent information
- Build meaningful relationships with our customers through a customer first approach, which would entail understanding their situation and needs, answering questions, and ensuring each customer knows American Express has their back.
- Enhance our customers’ experience through personalized service, active listening and effective problem solving, while consistently treating customers with a high level of respect
- Meet and exceed quality and productivity goals and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Navigate computer systems and applications to service our customers, and enable them to get the most from our online platform
- Manage other production related activities, such as complaints and escalations
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of Customer Service experience required, 2+ years is preferred (industry experience is not limited to, but may include call center, customer service, financial services.
- Relationship builder who has passion for delivering exceptional service
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to de-escalate customer situations
- Demonstrates personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations
- Self-confident, optimistic and supports a team environment
- Critical, analytical, and forward thinking when problem-solving, and must possess exceptional time management, organizational, and active listening skills
- Quick learner, who possesses the ability and resiliency to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where multi-tasking, changing priorities, and use of multiple systems is part of the daily expectations
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with minimal supervision to drive results
- Superior level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in PC skills, including MS Word and Excel
Work at Home Requirements:
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate phone and internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably thorough broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted.)
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise and other distractions
- Target Start Date: January 23, 2023.
- Location: Home Based
- These positions operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and the shift will be based on business needs, most likely falling within the following times: Monday – Friday 8:00am-9:00pm Saturday – Sunday 10:00am-6:30pm EST (shift will be adjusted for time-zone changes). Though we will strive to keep a consistent work shift, ongoing flexibility is required.
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment.
- Competitive annual incentive award program is available
We are participants in the Amazon Associates program and other affiliate programs. There are referral links on this page, and I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through my link. Thank you.